Thousands of software engineers leverage Mergify to automate their workflow — and this number is increasing every day. That means thousands of people trust us to deliver a fast, reliable, and secure experience, and we value this more than anything.
We want to keep earning trust, while also continuing to amaze our users with the workflow they can build with Mergify. This is where you come in — to help us forge a performant and reliable path forward to the future we envision.
You’ll work closely with our CTO and product team to help define product roadmap and implement changes.
What’s it like to work at Mergify?
What does our tech stack look like?
You can read about our tech stack on this page →
What’s the typical developer day looks like?
As we’re a fully remote team, we stay in touch using Slack, Linear, GitHub and video calls. We like to have informal chat and to meet regularly to have some fun. We obviously use Mergify to automate our own pull requests and merge our code.
You’ll be writing features and code that you’ll be able to use every day.
How cool is that?
We follow agile principles and run our daily tasks using a kanban approach. We run a weekly meeting where we assess what we’ve done the week before, and plan for the upcoming week. We use a light development process with a lot of automations.
On a longer term approach, we use OKR as a goal settings framework for longer terms objectives.
- You can do anything with CSS.
- Experience with Python appreciated.
- Thoughtful problem-solving: for you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You’re comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Ability to scale: You have experience scaling production software to support rapid growth, or you’re motivated and excited to learn.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You’re not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you’re building, and how it shapes real people’s lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you’re not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you’re explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: for you, work isn’t a solo endeavor. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
- Autonomy: You understand what you need to do can take ownership of a task or project.
Why you Should Apply
- Join a bootstrap startup that grew 6× in 2021
- Competitive salaries
- Best-in-class benefits
- Fabulous onboarding
- Flexible working hours
- Full-remote team, with regular on-site, in person, meet-ups